A block from Grand Circus Park and across from the Detroit Opera House, the lowrise at 1525 Broadway St. was designed by architecture firm Beckett & Akitt and constructed in 1917 as the Eureka Building for the vacuum-cleaner store. The five-story, Neoclassical-style structure – with a summit sporting a stone-carved “E” – was renovated in 2003 into full-floor apartments and first-floor restaurant space, becoming the home of the Small Plates tapas bar. The property was purchased in 2012 by Bedrock and preserved as 1525 Broadway.
- Size: 9,300 sq. ft.
- Usage: Residential, restaurant
- Main tenants: To come