At the prominent intersection of Woodward and Grand River avenues, the Elliott Building was designed by architecture firm Wilson Brothers and constructed in 1894 for Elliott’s dry-goods store. Then the six-story structure faced with red brick and gray terracotta was occupied by Kresge’s discount store for 40 years, until 1960. In 2017, architecture firm Kraemer Design Group renovated the property into apartments above the Bedrock-acquired street-level and basement retail space.
- Size: 10,000 sq. ft.
- Usage: Retail