detroit skyline

Serman Building

1238 Randolph St.

In the northwest corner of Greektown, the lowrise at 1238 Randolph St. was constructed in 1905. In 1917, the three-story, Victorian-style structure with metal awnings became the Serman Building. Serman’s clothing store – known for dressing Detroit’s mayors – remained until 2013, when Bedrock purchased the property. The familiar mural of menswear on the Macomb Street side still is present.

Quick Facts


  • Size: 13,000 sq. ft.
  • Usage: Office, retail
map pin