The property at 321 W. Lafayette Blvd. was designed by architect Albert Kahn and constructed in 1925 as the Detroit Free Press Building. Michigan’s oldest newspaper occupied the ornate, Art Deco-style, limestone structure – comprising a central 14-story tower and a pair of six-story wings – until 1998. In 2017, the vacated midrise/highrise hybrid was purchased by Bedrock. In 2020, the location was renovated by architecture firm Kraemer Design Group into The Press/321 apartments, offices and retail space, with an automated, underground parking garage set up like a vending machine. The rooftop encompasses a pool for residents.
- Size: 300,000 sq. ft.
- Usage: Office, parking, residential, retail
- Main tenants: To come