In 1873, a three-story structure was built at 28 W. Grand River Ave. as a repair shop for horse-drawn carriages. The building was ruined by a fire in 2014 and purchased by Bedrock the next year. In 2017, architecture firm Kraemer Design Group transformed the property – diagonal from Capitol Park – into the area’s first ground-up residential development since the 1980s. Known as 28Grand, the 13-story highrise features furnished micro apartments, along with a fitness center and a rooftop terrace for residents. The street level includes two restaurants and a retailer.
- Size: 100,000 sq. ft.
- Usage: Residential, restaurant, retail
- Main tenants: Iggy’s Eggies, Lovers Only, Pure Barre