Standing at an intersection of Woodward Avenue and backing up to Parker’s Alley in the Merchants Row shopping area, the property at 2 John R St. was designed by architect Richard Raseman and constructed in 1916 as the Kaiser Blair Building for the clothing store. The Italian Renaissance-style, white-terracotta structure was doubled in height to eight stories in 1923. In the 2010s, the midrise was purchased by Bedrock and renovated into the Fourteen56 full-floor apartments, second-floor offices and first-floor restaurant space.
- Size: 15,000 sq. ft.
- Usage: Office, residential, restaurant