Constructed in 1917 and renovated in 1945 by architect Charles Agree for Lane Bryant’s plus-size womenswear store, the Lane Bryant Building became the company’s main location – fitting into an empty pocket of Detroit’s clothing industry – until closing in 1982. The vacant, six-story property was purchased by Bedrock in 2011 and renovated by architecture firm Kraemer Design Group in 2013. A block from Grand Circus Park in the Merchants Row shopping area, the Art Moderne-style structure features offices and street-level retail space.
- Size: 40,000 sq. ft.
- Usage: Office, retail
- Main tenants: Detroit Labs, Guardhat, Lisa Spindler Studio